Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My absence

Forgive the lack of updates recently. I have been rather distracted by a number of things - life if you will. I have been doing some sketching though. Trying to get the style I really want to use for the ARO down. I need to make sure I can keep it consistent. And the only way to accomplish this is to practice, practice...practice. But I believe I am getting closer to achieving my goal.

On top of writing countless ideas for lyrics and music for the ARO, I have also set out to enter a 89.3 the Current song contest. I have the music for it - now I just need the lyrics done. But it must be finished and recorded by the 31st. So I pretty much need to finish it this weekend. Then I would like to get started on one of the animations for the ARO - but I need to write a script and record the voice work. And I'll need Dan for that. One step at a time.

I played at one of my Director's Son's wedding reception this past weekend. Tony was out of town, so I took the job solo. There was stress galore before hand, and I almost went nuts and snapped - but I made it, and it was a beautiful reception, and I'm glad it is over. Having to learn cover songs is a totally bad idea for me. I just don't feel comfortable with it. I can't connect, and I get all nervous about screwing it up. And I only had a couple of my own songs to play (at least I had some, thank god), because lets face it - my song writing is not particularly of the happy-ever-after variety. They may be love songs, to a degree, but they are definitely...um...depressing. So I had to pick carefully - and even change some lyrics for the occasion. Anyhoo, like I said, it's done. And I think it went well, at least that was the feedback I got.

But I have a new goal with the writing process! Happy songs! =D Maybe it is something I need to expand and become more inspired. I mean, we do have some happy/fun songs too - but I need more of them. So this will be interesting.

In the mean time, I'll keep cracking away at whatever it is that I do and try to remember to post anything special that comes my way. I'll definitely add the 89.3 song on here, and I think I have some video from our release show I need to upload as well. Laters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to write even more happy-ending love songs for when Nathan and I get married